I bought two units of the Canon PIXMA MG5520 wireless All- in- One Printer scanner, Copier– one for my office and the other one for my home. It is a wonderful piece of equipment that serves all my jobs with complete ease. It is truly one of the best printers I’ve used and I’ll tell you why.
It’s highly convenient and whenever I want, I can print anything via my phone or iPad without employing any wires. Secondly, it offers me decent colorful pictures that serve my purpose from time to time.
The best part is that my kids love taking out printouts directly via social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter etc. Its 2.5 inches touch screen LCD enlightens them with the intelligent touch system. This wonderful gadget not only solves all their purposes but acts as a splendid mode of entertainment for them. It’s very durable and I do not have to worry much regarding it. My kids love its compatibility with Individual or Combo CLI-251xl Ink tanks that comes in Cyan, yellow, black and magenta colors. Its PGI-250 XL comes with black ink tanks. My wife finds it very convenient to operate and she does not have to run to market every time.
At my office, I can get the print outs any time whether I am surfing internet, checking my emails or want any of my document to be printed. It’s highly compatible with iPhones and iPad touch gadgets. However, if you have android tablets or Smartphones, you can connect them wirelessly by employing mobile applications and cloud printing.
The following are the pros and cons of the Canon PIXMA MG5520 Printer:
- Printing, scanning and copying is an extremely convenient task for even non- technical persons.
- You can get fine images with it as its printing is a superb one. You will be provided with some sample photo papers to get started instantly.
- The software and the driver come along with the printer and you can conveniently install them. They go well with both your personal computer and the Mac system.
- The LED menu screen can be used by turning on the buttons below the screen. It does not utilize touch screen and is a hassle free task for the users.
- It accommodates multiple paper trays for varied sizes of paper and can accumulate a decent volume in it.
- Printing time is really fast.
- Ink dries quite quickly and you do not have to wait for long.
- Its wireless connectivity is astounding. Even if you place your printer 25-30 feet away from the router, it does not create any issues.
The only bad part of the Canon PIXMA MG5520 is that it takes a bit longer to start up and shut down. You have to wait for at least 2 minutes to begin the printing. For something with a quicker start up time, check out the Brother HL-2270DW Compact Laser Printer , which also prints at a faster rate due to it being laser.
I would highly suggest that you go through the CD that comes along with this printer. It will be a great help for you. It will make your installation processs pretty easy.
Download the application before you start printing via any phone. The application is known as PIXM print. With its assistance, you can access your photo library over the phone and print via Wi-Fi. This application also guides you with adjustment of paper size.